background

Friday, April 8, 2011

Reuniting!

Tonight is going to be a great night! I am going to see some awesome girls that I went to high school with! I can't wait to catch up with them and talk about whose dating who, who has kids, whose working where and all of that good stuff! Should be a great time!

The rest of the weekend I plan on relaxing and getting ready for the inlaws that are coming to visit from Florida! I'm so very excited for them to meet Cason for the first time and see how much Cash has grown up! They are so wonderful and Cash just adores his Papa and Gama! The weather should be nice for Easter and I can't wait for the Easter egg hunt!

While I'm writing, I must bring this up! What in the world is going on with this government of ours?! Are we really considering a "shut down"? This means, my job, the troops fighting overseas (risking their lives), govt workers etc stop getting paid! I'm not big on politics, personally if you ask me I think they're very boring but this is beyond ridiculous and its very frightening knowing I may not be getting a paycheck in the weeks to come. I'm thinking about the soldiers who work and allow their wives to stay at home and raise their children, what are they going to do?! I'm very fortunate that my husband has a great job but their are some people out their who rely on that check! My heart goes out to all of them. Let's just pray that everything works out and we can be worry-free!
Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend! If you live in Nebraska, be careful! There are supposed to be some pretty bad storms! Gotta love Spring time in Nebraska! Xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Found you through a few other blogs! I am always excited to find people who live in the Midwest!! I am hopeful that the storms they are talking about are not as severe as the say! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shrub, my sista, ... my inspiration to keep going... THANKS for not blaming anyone for the govt. problems... I know politics are boring and complex and confusing and overwhelming... but it's NOT just one person, it's not just one party or one country! We are a global community and all connected. :)

    Sistas united! Stay positive and have complete faith that they will figure it out and make it right again. They are invested in us just as much as we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a scary thought! what a shame our country has resorted to that.

    ReplyDelete